Port McNeill is a small but thriving community that acts as a launching point to the treasures of the Broughton Archipelago.

Located on Vancouver Island's north-east shore on Queen Charlotte Strait, it was originally a base camp for loggers. Port McNeill became a settlement in 1936.

The town was named after Captain William Henry McNeill of the Hudson's Bay Company.